Susan Miller is a powerful business driver whose entrepreneurial instincts and clarity of vision have carried multiple companies through rapid and continuous growth.
Ms. Miller started her first business, as a single mother of two daughters. She struggled to raise them with no child support and working full time. Owning a small business enabled Ms. Miller to control their destiny, but yet spend quality time with her daughters. Ms. Miller’s understanding of the struggles that women in business face, had encouraged her to start the Women’s Small Business Association, WSBA – LLC. In 2007. Her vision was to encourage women to start their own business, so they can have economic independence. She also strives to help them develop skills needed for entrepreneurial success. She believes that self-employment is a viable and a needed option for all women.
WSBA is a resource for women to connect, learn practical and professional strategies from nationally and locally recognized experts, and network with peers.
Mission Statement: To become a valuable resource to business women, by helping and stimulating small and start up business throughout PA, through networking, opportunities, and education.
is based in Pittsburgh, developing throughout Pennsylvania, and other
Ms. Miller also uses WSBA to raise funding and awareness for non-profit organizations that support women.
· Small Business Association Business Award Nominee 2004
· 2006 PA. Best 50 Women in Business award winner
· 2006 NAWBO’s Make the connection award winner
· Women’s Business Network’s Wondrous Woman 2006 award winner
· Senate of Pennsylvania Special Recognition - Sponsored by State Senator Jane
Orie 2005, March 2006, May 2006, April 2007
· 2005 speaker at the PAACC Women’s Leadership Conference
· Pennsylvania House Of Representatives Special Recognition – Presented by
Thomas C. Petrone 2005
· PA. Office Of Lieutenant Governor Special Recognition – Presented by Catherine Knoll May 2006
· Special Recognition by Senator John Pippy June 2006
· Special Congressional Recognition – Presented by Melissa Hart October 2006
· 2006 Athena Award Nominee
· 2006 Speaker at the PAACC Fast Track Program